Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Daily Escape

When I think Copenhagen, I think Hygge, who doesn't? As I have said many times, Denmark is one of my favorite cities I've ever been too. Ten years ago when I traveled abroad and ventured into the Nordic countries, I fell in love with Denmark and Norway. Here a few interesting facts about this cozy city.  

1. Copenhagen is consistently ranked as the happiest city in the world. 

2. Tivoli is Denmark’s second oldest amusement park (the oldest one, Bakken, an hour north of Copenhagen) and draws hundreds of thousands of visitors every year. The rides here are all old-school, the oldest roller coaster is over 100 years old. 

3. If you are like me and prefer a cozy setting with warm lighting and your closest friends, well the Danes are the experts at relaxing. Learn more about Hygge.

4. More than half of the city's resdients, from hourly workers to members of Parliament, commute by bike along Copenhagen's 250 miles of bike lanes. 

5. Copenhagen is home to the longest pedestrian shopping street in the entire world, Stroget. You’ll find plenty of international brands here, but also smaller Danish chains, where you can pick up some unique souvenirs from Denmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...